Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Dinner with Kappas

My Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority sisters that live in Philadelphia are starting a tradition of a monthly dinner in the city. Last month we went to Valanni for restaurant week and this month we visited Mercato - actually right across the street from Valanni. Mercato is located on the corner of Spruce and Camac. It brought back lots of memories as it was a block up the street from my first apartment in the city. I used to walk by the vacant building that now is Mercato everyday on my way to work. It is a BYOB so we brought Chimay (my drink of choice) and some wine. The food was delicious. Mercato is a combination of old world Italy and new Italian American cuisine. We started off with a combination of artisan cheese, cured meat, and olive oil. We then each got a different meal - all very special and flavorful, and then we topped off the night with dessert. If you are ever in town and want an enjoyable BYOB - try Mercato (http://www.mercatobyob.com/). Pictured above are my friends - Katie, Devon, Kelli, and Jamie is pictured with me.