Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Wetlands Museum

I took the girls (Grace & Marissa) to the Wetlands Museum in Stone Harbor. We investigated all the exhibits - aquarium, turtle museum, overlook, and the wetlands. Marissa kept asking me what 'investigate' means. I said it was like being a detective - then she asked me what a 'detective' was.
The highlight for me was the octopus in the aquarium. For Grace, I think it was that she figured out her tooth was loose while she was there and she couldn't wait for it to fall out and the tooth fairy to come. Marissa seemed to enjoy it all - the bird's nest, showing Alana some of the exhibits, and getting her feet muddy in the wetlands.
Gracey gracefully catching fish at the aquarium.

The McGinnis' pretending they are birds in a nest.Uncle Charlie & Baby Brendan at the top of the Wetlands overlook.The Morse's at the terrapin exhibit.Alana checking out the fish in the aquarium. My dad is still trying to get either David or me to get an aquarium like we had growing up. Grace, Baby Brendan, Uncle Charlie, and Marissa on the salt path.