Sunday, February 7, 2010

Snowstorm Part Deux

While I know my Pittsburgh family got hit really hard this weekend (resulting in no electricity for a week), we here in Philly got a similar snowstorm. I still love a huge snowstorm and feel bad that Brian has to do all the heavy lifting this year. I do help out where I can, but it's nothing to the back-breaking shoveling he does (and I love him for it). We got about 24 inches yet again and after shoveling our walkway and back patio for Val, Brian jumps in the Jeep to go help his dad. I pray for a son as awesome as he is. Luckily his dad has a snow thrower and it makes for a much more enjoyable experience. We did get my parents one a few years ago since we can't drive out to the Burgh to help every time there is a snowstorm - and hopefully they will learn their lesson and go get it fixed before the next big storm hits. Philly is calling for a midweek storm as well and estimates between 3-24 inches again. Ouch - for Brian that is.