Sunday, May 2, 2010

Getting Aquainted with Val

When we walk Val around Glenside and run into little kids, 9 times out of 10 they light up with excitement and ask to pet her. They will get a little kiss on the face from Val and then giggle as we walk away. The other 1% will crouch in fear when they see this life-sized, black, furry animal coming their way. While I know the only thing Val will do to them is slobber their face with love, I can empathize with them as this was how I felt as a kid. So with little to no interaction with dogs (due to Ellen's allergies), it is a new experience each time Alana and Gavin see Val. Alana is more like the 90% I mentioned above, while Gavin was on the other end of the spectrum. The face you see here from Gavin was the face we got most of the time. While he had a few moments of laughter after he pet her, he was scared majority of the time. Hopefully they will become best of friends, but for now I believe Gavin will keep his distance.