Saturday, February 5, 2011

Swimming Playdate

Christina invited us to the Westchester YMCA to join her and Patrick in an afternoon swim on one of my Friday off days. Colton loves his baths so much, so I figured a larger form of a bath would go over really well. He seemed to enjoy it somewhat until I put his head under a fountain (he laughs when I put water over his head in the bath, so I thought he would like it). After that, he seemed to hate being in the pool - pouting his lip and crying. The top photo captures the essence of that second half of our time there. I later found out when we got cleaned off, that his diaper was filled with water and poop - so maybe that contributed to his unhappiness. I didn't get a swimming diaper because Christina said she never uses them. Next time we will use swimming diapers. Bottom photo is Colton and Patrick playing.