Sunday, April 3, 2011

TOMS

TOMS is one of my favorite brands. Not only is the branding so smart and clear, it supports a great cause which is the heart of their mission. For every shoe you buy, they give a pair away to a child in need. I've bought 15 pairs of shoes from them (not all for me) and it makes me feel good every time I click "confirm order" knowing kids in need will now have a pair of shoes.

Being a Godmother, I feel the pressure to provide a level of guidance that Alana wouldn't get from her parents. I will admit I am a horrible Catholic, but I do believe I am a spiritual & caring person, and in my own little world, that is really what matters.

I've only provided one lesson so far to Alana, and this was my second go at it. The lesson was about giving and how important it is think about others when you may be so lucky. I tried my best and it was WAY over Alana's and Gavin's head, but one day I will break through...I know it. I know they love their TOMS and wear them often. And they can now sleep soundly knowing that two little kids who have been walking around barefoot will now have shoes to cover their little precious feet.