Friday, November 29, 2013

Grateful

The past 9 months have been very hard on my psyche and my body.  I can't believe how hard being pregnant is.  It is not for me and I hope God will hear me and know the two perfect gifts he has given us after baby girl Kenney is born will be just right for our family.  And I am grateful for both of them. But I do want to take this time and thank my parents, Brian, and colleagues for everything they have done for me this pregnancy.  

My parents are so good to me.  My dad drove my mom out to Philadelphia on multiple trips in my first trimester so she could help out and care for me, cook for us, drive Colton to school and back, and give me reassurance that all will be well. It really gave me strength and I don't think I could have done it without her there.  My parents also came in for another week and helped with our new house - cooking, cleaning, and caring as they always do.  To both of them, I am so grateful!

I always knew Brian was a good man.  I knew it the moment I met him.  And I have experienced all his goodness through the almost 12 years of knowing him.  But having a miserable pregnancy isn't just hard on the mom to be...Brian has been the most amazing husband and father through it all.  I cannot thank him enough for playing with Colton when I felt sick, for cooking, for cleaning, for walking Val on my turns, for driving Colton to school and picking him up, for all the work he did to get our old house in order for sale, and for all the hard work he did on our new house. He is really an incredible person. And I write this with tears of joy sliding out my eyes. I am grateful to have him by my side. 

And lastly, I have an awesome job, boss, and colleagues I call friends. My job - which I very much enjoy - kept me distracted, by boss - who is very understanding - allowed me to work from home for the first 3 months of this pregnancy, and my colleagues - who picked up the slack and listened to my daily complaints throughout this pregnancy.  To all of them, I am grateful.

I see an end in sight with a scheduled induction on 12/9.  So unless baby girl Kenney comes earlier, I should have a new bundle of joy with the birthday of 12/9/13. The moment I can't wait for is Colton walking through my hospital door to see me and his new sister.  At that moment - I will be so grateful.