Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year's Resolution - 2009

Many of you know that Brian and I have a pretty thick folder of takeout menus in our kitchen cabinet. This folder holds all things italian, chinese, thai, american, greek - but mostly italian. Between 5:30 - 6PM, I typically get a text from Brian that reads, "dinner?" Then for the next few minutes we go back and forth asking what the other person wants, and based on the list above, whether we really want it or not, we typically end up with italian and I always pick up on the way home from work.

So today I was reading an article that said people who write down their new year's resolution actually have more success in fulfilling their mission. So in 2009 - Brian and I are changing it up. While the folder will still exist in our cabinet as a safety net, 2009 is all about home-cooked meals during the work week.

And already we've had success with some awesome meals this year.

So watch out Rachael Ray, Giada, Ina Garten...I'm taking you down!