Monday, June 14, 2010

Mom & Dad Saves the Day

When I called my parents to tell them I was being admitted to the hospital to be induced, they dropped everything and jumped in the car so they could be there to meet their new grandson when he arrived. They drove late into the evening and within 5 hours, got to our house in Philadelphia.

For some odd reason, I thought I would be able to dance a jig after having a baby. I didn't realize that while giving birth literally takes a life out of you, it also figuratively sucks the life out of you. Thankfully, my parents knew about this and were here to help out while getting to know their new little man in their life. My dad stayed for a week before going back to work and my mom stayed for 2 weeks.

My dad put himself to work and cleaned every window in our house (we lived in this house for 6 years and never cleaned our windows). He scrubbed every screen and washed both inside and out. Now Colton can see clearly when he looks out the windows. They look amazing. My mom cooked, cleaned, did laundry, and took Colton when we needed to nap. It was an incredible gift to have them here to help. I'm not sure we could have made it without them. We thank them very much!