Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Where's The Beef

No really, where's the beef? We were invited to my dad's for a Memorial Day lunch BBQ. We were asked to all arrive around 11:30 for burgers and dogs. We all had arrived (including Aunt Roz) and around 11:45 we noticed there was no food in sight. Nothing to drink, nothing to eat. We got up to see if there was anything we could do to help, and then that is when my dad said, "I'm going to run out to get the food."

"What?" I said. "Wait, you didn't get any food yet?" "Are you kidding me?"

So Bob & Julie ran down to the Whole Foods to throw together something for lunch. They picked up turkey burgers, asparagus & some humus. No hot dogs, cause if you know Whole Foods, they don't have anything normal and filled with hormones and we couldn't see ourselves eating tofurkey hotdogs - EVER.

I grilled what would have been the worst BBQ lunch - but thanks to Ava & Luke keeping us all entertained, we had a great time together. See great pictures below.