Sunday, July 18, 2010

Happy 37th Birthday Val

Val turned 6 years old on Saturday. If you convert that into dog years, she is a whopping 37 years old, making her the oldest in the Kenney house. We went over to Brian's dad's house for dinner last Saturday and celebrated with my parents, Pat, Bob, Mary, and the kids. Val has been a wonderful big sister to Colton - even though he has taken center stage lately. We know she loves him when she does her daily 'fly by' lick on Colton's face. But nothing compares to when we have two hands occupied with a baby and a bottle, and she will bring her ball to you to play. I have mastered picking up the ball with my feet, holding the bottle with my neck, and then grabbing it to play. I hope she knows that if I had three arms it wouldn't take me as long to get the ball.

We are so happy that Val is healthy and doing well - her last blood test results were almost normal. We continue to pray every night and hope she shares many many many more birthdays with us. Happy Birthday Val-e-Val-e-Val!