Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Roomies

There was a guestbook on the Pittsburgh Post Gazette obituary web page for my grandpa. I read an entry from my grandpa's college roommate's son. My grandpa was such good friends with Ben Ojserkis and stayed friends throughout his entire life. I remember going over to the Ojserkis' when we would go to the shore when I was a kid. Our family loved their entire family - obviously built from the values of Ben and Anita. Probably the same that my grandparents share. The picture below is of my grandpa and Ben. It is from 2006 - the last time my grandpa went to Stone Harbor. They sat, talked, and laughed together that evening like they never were apart. See entry below from Ben's son - very touching. November 10, 2008
Having watched Bill's friendship with my Dad for my entire 50 years, I have always hoped that each of my kids (not yet out of college) would have a roommate, and a friend, just like Bill Morse. Looking back on it though, what I really hope is that each of my kids can BE a friend just like Bill Morse. No parent could ask for more than that. I know my whole family will miss him, and none of us more than my Dad ("Room").
Dan Ojserkis (Linwood, NJ)