Monday, March 23, 2009

Jessa's Baby Shower

Jessa is my first cousin. She is one year younger than me and while we lived about 3 hours away from each other most of our lives, we were always close. We would pick up right where we left off each time we would get together. No expectations, no rules, just true friendship. We share tons of the same memories that are filled with fun & laughter.

Jessa is a very accomplished woman - in highschool she was homecoming queen, she went to States in three sports (track, cross country, and swimming) all in one year, she got her law degree, she is beautiful, and she is happily married in Pittsburgh...and that is just to name a few.

I always felt a sense of pride in Jessa for all she accomplished, but I also felt like her big sister in my heart. Kind of like wanting to protect, show her the ropes, or just make sure everything turns out okay. Which is why I almost had tears in my eyes (good tears) watching her open up all her gifts at her shower for her baby girl to be. I am just so proud of her and wish her the very best. She will be an incredible mom! Love you Hess!

Pictured above are Front: Jessa & Me, Back: Aunt Marilyn, Grandma, Mom, Ellen, and a good friend of the family - Sam.