Monday, March 24, 2008

E-A-S-T-E-R, Easter!

We celebrated Easter this year at Bob & Mary's house and had lots of fun watching Ava and Rylie go on a hunt for eggs. Now Ava is 19 months and Rylie is around 14 months so the hunt was more like looking at a sea of eggs in the middle of the lawn and hoping they see them and pick them up - and better yet put them in a basket. Mary's Mom was more hopeful in the girls actually picking up the eggs with their name on them. She has every right to hope since Ava walked us over to sign on the wall and spelled E-A-S-T-E-R and then cheered "Easter Yea!" It was pretty precious.

Mary cooked a delicious feast that we all enjoyed - ham, pineapple stuffing, scalloped potatoes, and more! And to top it all off, they celebrated my birthday with a cake and song.

If I count it all out - my birthday lasted an entire 17 days - starting with Jessie & Craig's visit and ending with my cake at Easter. Thanks to all who celebrated with me.