Monday, March 3, 2008

Mackenna Turns 3

So I traveled solo to Pittsburgh this weekend to celebrate two big birthdays - Mackenna turned 3 and Alana turned 1. See next post on Alana's celebration, because this one is dedicated to the little princess of the day, Mackenna. The techical term for my relationship to Mackenna is cousin once removed - she is my cousins, Maureen and Greg's, youngest daughter and she is a cutie pie.

We had lots of fun at Maureen and Greg's house...good eats, even better company, and the Wii. This was my first time playing it and Tyler (Mackenna's older brother) helped my dad and I make our avatars and we battled it out in tennis. Shane (Mackenna's younger brother) was my coach throughout the tennis game and thanks to him, I beat my dad 2 games out of 3. Every shot, Shane coached me by instructing me to, "hit it over there." Best coaching ever! If you haven't tried the Wii, it is so worth it and now I think I want to go buy it for Brian and me. Rather than sitting on the couch with our laptops at night, we could be bowling, playing tennis, or boxing right in our living room.

Mackenna was a true princess at her birthday party and so sweet as she patiently waited to open up her gifts. Happy Birthday Mackenna!!! Pictured below are: Me and Mackenna, Ashley (Mackenna's older sister) and Kylie (my cousin Nancy's daughter), and Tyler and Shane.