Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year's Eve



Jean, Tom, Julie and I went to Helium comedy club last night for our pre-New Year's Eve celebration. Their New Year's Eve "package" included tickets and a free finger food buffet for an hour or so before the show began. Only problem was that it was so crowded it was like standing in a bread line in Russia trying to get 1 freakin' piggy in a blanket. Anyway, thank heaven for dirty martinis as that made everyting better...and so did the follow up Heinekens.



The headliner was Joe DeVito, who was hysterical -- highly recommend seeing him if you have an opportunity. The set up guys were funny too.


As for our post-New Year's celebration, I went on a search for some food when we returned home as the one piggy in a blanket that I had did not hold me over. I was disappointed to find find that both Burger King and Wendy's were closed - don't really know why I thought they would be open on New Year's Eve - just needed some grease. When I came home empty handed at 11 pm, I was resigned to making a bacon sandwich. Julie was already passed out on the couch.
I watched the ball drop with Val and the cast of characters on the Dick Clarke special and then passed out myself. Wow, we are getting old.
Happy and healthy New Year to all!