Sunday, January 13, 2008

Smell Shocked


So we had Chinese food for dinner last night while we watched the football game. Disappointed Jacksonville couldn't pull out the W -- I mean who can tolerate the New England "Cheaters."

Anyway, back to the story. So I woke up this morning and decided to head out for a cup of coffee to clear out some of the morning cobwebs. What I didn't realize was that Julie had taken the Jeep to pick up the Chinese food last night, so when I opened the door -- wham! I was smell shocked.

Residual Chinese food odor just came pouring out of the Jeep. For those of you that remember the Peppy La Pue cartoon, it was like you could actually see the odor exiting the car. A pungent smell that was a blend of hunan shrimp, shredded pork and garlic sauce (convinced this is actually cocker spaniel) and singapore noodles that stewed in the Jeep overnight.

It eventually did get better, or perhaps I built up a tolerance to it. Next time I think we will opt to have our Chinese food delivered.